Style Nourishment. Fashion Inspiration. Lovely Looks.

mlundstromhalbert@yahoo.ca

3.05.2009

Scar Tissue



Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface.  I'm feeling it again.  Perhaps because all things 70's are inspiring me maintenant.  This portrait of Michelle, Jodie and Meg is also alluring in its simplicity.  Love a good Lebovitz.  Just saw The Women, and while the original is much more cunning, I really enjoyed the pairing of Ryan and Benning.  Annette reminded me so much of a well known Canadian fashion editor.  So today I'm tucking my tresses behind my ears and taking my round brush for a whirl in honor of Elvira.  Scarface is not just fodder for wannabe womanizing gangsters who thumb-tack the movie's poster to their bachelor pad walls.  It is a celluloid fashion moment.  Scorsese always incorporates iconic looks into his films...Back to my class discussion on Proustian gender-bending.  I wish more people thought this way.  
Wow.  I started off with Pfeiffer and ended with Proust.  Thank you subconscious.  

No comments:

Followers