Style Nourishment. Fashion Inspiration. Lovely Looks.

mlundstromhalbert@yahoo.ca

3.12.2009

Poster Day











I know, I know.  I'm a girl--we're programmed to adore Audrey and hail Hepburn. However, today was a very special day. I may be a History of Fine Arts & French Cultural Studies major at a respected university, but this evening I was transported back to the splendid corruption of a middle school science fair.  Boy, did I let my inner (or outer, depending on who you ask) Type A teacher's pet FREAK out with this one.  My group did a project on Haute Couture's interaction with various mediums of pop culture.  This is a topic that I often ponder because I am slightly sick in the head.  Hence, I saw it fit to wear a gigantic ribbon bow on my tete, a vintage petite robe noir, Tiffany XOX belt with Chanel flats and blazer to class.  For once, my sartorial self-fashioning was relevant to the course syllabus.  Lovely.  After 3 hours talking shop to anyone who would listen, I am spent.  My peers seemed interested in my wisdom, if more than a little afraid.  Maybe the part where I claimed Coco whisper's into Karl's ear from the grave was a little much.  Perhaps handing out "Fashion Citation" tickets was a tad abrasive.  I might have tried to spray a peer with L'Interdit even though she's allergic to perfume.  "But it's Audrey's signature scent! " Call me un peu bizarre.  Je comprends.  

2 comments:

la flaneuse said...

imagine being allergic to perfume, what a tragety. that one is so amazing.

i wish i could have seen your extreme presentation!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Fab presentation to me! Love it!

Followers