Style Nourishment. Fashion Inspiration. Lovely Looks.

mlundstromhalbert@yahoo.ca

2.02.2009

Tie Me Up




What would we do without scarves?   The bigger the better.  There was nary a moment in Israel when I was sans scarf.  Constant travelling necessitates swathing yourself in cloth.
Just add a scarf  et violà-- everything looks better--toute ensemble.  When in particularly dismal quarters (a uninspired hotel room in Mexico, my school residence in France) I use them to jazz up the decor.  
A good collection runs the gamut from designer to dollar store.  Picking up scarves from various locales is a fashionable memento.  Today I am wearing a vintage Oleg Cassini orange, navy blue and gold silk scarf.  It is a bit prissy country club so I paired it with a cashmere boyfriend cardigan.  
Hermès is of course untouchable if we're speaking scarves.  I love mine, but for now it is much better suited to my curtains then my neck.
Comme ça.


2 comments:

la flaneuse said...

you should post a picture of how your chanel scarf transformed the dismal quarters of france.

Veronica said...

i love foulards, too. I can't help it, i usually have one with me. the silk is so warm, and now i have one that goes with everything.
I do think, however, that they must be worn! they may be nearly priceless, but like the jane's birkin in the above post, they must be used :-)

Followers