Style Nourishment. Fashion Inspiration. Lovely Looks.

mlundstromhalbert@yahoo.ca

2.25.2009

Housing Works

I like this idea a lot.  
Only with European or Japanese Vogue though.  American Vogue has about 2 riveting covers a year.  You could also do this with a striking editorial.  Any with the work of Roitfeld, Alt, Lanphear or Nickerson will do.
This photo is from Domino Magazine.  I purchased their last issue yesterday.  It pains me greatly that they will no longer be in publication--another casualty of the recession.  Such a shame.  There is nothing else like it on the newsstand.  I like Elle Decor, but it's a bit bourgeois for a twenty-something.  
However, in times like these, I think it's more important than even to create a creatively inspiring and nurturing home.  Domino was all about reflecting your unique style in everything you do.  I adore this credo and will miss it dearly.
R.I.P, dear domino.
Here are some more pictures to dream about.  
The mix of art and prints hung salon style and casually propped against the wall is eclectically curated.  Mag--I think we could work this look for our apartment in Le Marais.  

A lowly hung-chandelier paired with a Gothic bed feel seductively sinister.  It evokes a nouveau Dangerous Liaisons ambiance.  Perfect for a West Village pad.
This sitting room is equal parts modern and modish.  Splashes of robin's egg always invigorate spaces.  This is how I would decorate my apartment in Rio. 

This is classic Domino.  Everything compliments, yet it doesn't feel overwrought.  There is something so honest about this room.  Like a lovely couple moved in together, a nice balance of masculine and feminine.  

Food is a sensual experience, why not make the kitchen sexy?  Snakeskin certainly does the trick.  My parents townhouse has a well-appointed gunmetal and noir cookery.  Makes me feel like a flirty Food Network host whenever I whip up black sesame-crusted wild salmon.  

2 comments:

la flaneuse said...

great pictures! ive never seen the magazine concept displayed as such a showcase with so many, love it.

Just Sophie said...

i love the low chandelier! its so quirky and cool.

Followers